RAMI KADI Un Souffle d’Orient Collection
Isabelle Eberhardt, The Nomad: The Diaries of Isabelle Eberhardt (via thatkindofwoman)
Laverne Cox talking about Sylvia Rivera
[Palestinian holds up a poster:
Take my water
Burn my olive trees
Destroy my house
Take my job
Steal my land
Imprison my father
Kill my mother
Bomb my country
Starve us all
Humiliate us all
I am to blame: I shot a rocket back]
The photo speaks louder than any caption ever could.
A new survey of 1,300 local television news directors produced by RTDNA and Hofstra University paints a mixed picture of the staffing and spending patterns in local television news.
So my dad found this old sweet potato in the kitchen
And my automatic first thought was It looks like Plankton
Hand over the recipe, Krabs
RAVIOLI, RAVIOLI, GIVE ME THE FORMUOLI
Sweet potato Plankton is now my new best friend
Katt Williams on Dave Chappelle: “But Dave Chappelle was decapitated in front of us. And until we deal that. Until we deal with the fact that a devout Muslim was accused of being a crackhead. And until we establish the fact that they said he went to Africa to smoke cocaine when we know they don’t have running water and food over there. When they don’t have paved roads over there. You saying he flew past Chicago and Miami and LA and New York and Detroit, you saying he went past Cleveland and Fort Pierce, Florida, and he went past Okeechobee and Oakland, you saying he went all the way to another country where they not eating? You talking about somebody who has a wife and children, five children, and lives on a farm, he doesn’t live here in Hollywood. You saying you convince people that person was an insane crackhead? And he hasn’t been on movies and TV for eight years is that correct? Ok then don’t tell me about what you wanna tell me, I just watched you decapitate him in front of me… Then when he made 500 million dollars, even though his contract said he was supposed to get half of it, they said he made too much for the contract to be valid, so we’ll offer you 10% of what you made. You mean he made 500 million and they offered him 50? Yes. And he said, “what do you think my fans are gonna say? When they find out you offered me 10% of what I made you.” And they said, “your fans will believe that you’re a crazy crackhead by the time you get home. And my nigga got on a flight in LA and by the time he got to Ohio it was so. And eight years later he hasn’t been in a movie or television and is just now trying to do his real comeback in Radio City Music Hall. It’s bees like that sometimes.”
Wow. I didn’t know Dave Chappelle was Muslim 😃
QUAINT MAGAZINE is still seeking applications for Social Media interns!
The ideal applicant will be:
- Experienced in managing accounts on all platforms, but most specifically Tumblr.
- Knowledgeable in the quirks and idiosyncrasies of hashtags for each platform, and knowledgeable on how best to network, interact, and cross-reference through hashtags.
- Able to commit to at least an hour a day casual social interaction/blogging on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook (basically, you’ll be able to commit to at least an hour a day of sporadic retweeting/reblogging/posting links).
- Have a proven track record with growing followers/subscribers/likes via social media (this would be the time to tell us about that cool fandom blog you run, that has 1500 followers).
- Be excited and enthusiastic to interact with our team in our ‘digital office’, chat with us, contribute your ideas, and give us your 0.2 cents on the future of Quaint!
- Be enthusiastic about the possibility of creating content for the Quaint social media accounts and blog, in the form of book reviews, short think pieces, quotes, and graphics.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org !
I read this as a kid and it had a really significant effect on me and and it’s a big influence on my world view and I still think it’s the most beautiful and profound thing anyone’s ever said about beauty
Roald Dahl, one of my most favorite writers <3
Art, life, feminism, and nerdiness.